Health Essentials Supplements for a Happier and Healthier 2024
The New Year is just around the corner, and we all know that the celebrations are incomplete without delicious foods and drinks.
We understand your excitement for 2024. However, you must take into consideration that large amounts of spicy food, champagne, or chocolate muffins that you might go ahead and consume on your New Year can make you feel bloated and lead to other health-related problems. This is why you need to treat yourself to a detox after the New Year celebration.
There are many ways of living a healthy, cheerful life, and detoxing is a major one. Detox does not mean reducing weight but removing toxins from the body for better health and well-being. A standard nutraceutical supplement contributes to detox diets, digestion improvement, and cell growth and improves the overall quality of living.
Simple Ways to Have Post-holiday Detox
You don’t want to feel sluggish and tired around the upcoming year, right? The following practices can help you safeguard your body from toxins-
- Taking nutraceutical supplements: Nutraceuticals provide the body with the essential nutrients it lacks. Consult with your doctor and choose the right nutraceutical supplement as per your health needs.
- Limiting alcohol: Drinking too much alcohol can damage the liver cells, leading to serious liver diseases. If you cannot stop drinking alcohol, at least limiting it can safeguard you from chronic liver diseases.
- Drinking more water: Drinking 2-3 liters of water regularly can effectively help detox your body. The kidneys use water to filter blood and remove toxins through urine.
- Prioritizing sleep: Sufficient sleep significantly influences a healthy body and mind. When you sleep enough, it automatically refreshes your mind, helping the body parts function accordingly.
- Minimizing stress: An unhealthy lifestyle can cause stress and anxiety. Start the brand new year by replacing your stressful thoughts with gratitude or practicing meditation. This can help you gradually live a healthier life.
Nutraceutical Supplements to Include in Your 2024 Diet Routine
As we mentioned above, nutraceutical supplements work best when it comes to providing the body with the essential nutrients it lacks. These supplements are available in a wide array of formulations.
Probiotics are live microorganisms that provide our bodies with several health benefits. In other words, probiotics are good bacteria and yeast that keep our gut and overall body healthy.
Probiotic supplements offer a wide array of health benefits, ranging from boosting immunity to improving digestion and brain function. When you include a probiotic supplement in your regular diet, it empowers the good bacteria to fight against the harmful ones in your body. Thus, it helps your body combat many medical issues and diseases.
Yogurt is a good source of probiotics. You can make your delicious homemade yogurt at any time with a yogurt starter and make it a part of your regular diet.
Note: consider reading the Health Benefits Of Eating Yogurt Daily.
Digestive enzymes are produced naturally in the stomach, small intestines, and pancreas. They help the body break down food and absorb nutrients better. The lack of digestive enzymes in the body causes gastrointestinal disorders, like bloating, stomach pain, and diarrhea.
Taking a nutraceutical supplement that contains enzymes can be an excellent way to fill the digestive enzyme gap in the body.
Multivitamin supplements comprise vitamins, minerals, and some other nutraceuticals. They are available in various forms, like liquid, tablet, powder, and capsule.
Including a good multivitamin supplement in your regular diet can help you kick-start a healthy new year. You can choose a broad-spectrum multivitamin supplement, including:
- Vitamin D: To support strong bones and teeth and a healthy immune system.
- B vitamins: To help the body release energy from carbohydrates and fat and support the healthy nervous system.
- Vitamin C: To protect the cells from free radicals.
- Calcium to strengthen the bones and teeth.
Minerals are vital nutraceutical components that support immunity, bone, and muscle health in the body. They also play an important part in regulating the body’s water level.
An insufficient nutrient intake or improper diet can cause mineral deficiencies in the body, leading to several health issues, like anemia, brittle bones, goiter, and more. A nutraceutical supplement as a part of your regular diet can fill the gap of the particular mineral in the body.
For instance, supplements with good levels of zinc and iron are often recommended for younger and older adults to improve their immune function.
Omega-3 fatty acid is an Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) that plays an important role in improving the cell function in the body. This is also an important nutrient for heart, brain, and bone health.
Sea fishes, such as salmon and sardines, are good sources of Omega-3 fatty acids. Fish oil is a rich source of this healthy fatty acid and also contain vitamin A and D. Therefore, vegan or people who do not prefer eating fishes can get this nutrient by consuming a nutraceutical supplement that contains fish oil.
As the year 2023 is about to end, this is the time to think about your New Year's resolutions. If you have already decided on your New Year goals, we suggest adding one more- “staying healthy.”
As of now, you must have obtained how health essential supplements can help you live a happier and healthier year. However, never forget to consult a physician before consuming any health supplement on your own.